help with dripping on sill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just had some upvc double glazing installed replacing very old wooden windows. the sills are hollow plastic. above the window are some small concrete "ramps" to draw water off the wall. unfortunatly the water drips right onto the hollow sills. bloody noisy. Is there a way of filling the sills to stop this? The old wooden ones obviously didnt have this issue. About to get some more windows installed (including the bedroom) so want to get this sorted when installing.

Thanks! :)

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid that the sills going to be noisy and filling it really won't make much of a difference. I have known customers that actually put a tea towel across the sills outside of bedrooms to stop the noise. You could take the end caps off, fill with foam and see if that takes some of the noise away I guess.

im getting a new set of windows installed at the end of the month so was thikning i can fill the new sills with something beofre they get fitted with the windows.

Sponsored Links
im getting a new set of windows installed at the end of the month so was thikning i can fill the new sills with something beofre they get fitted with the windows.

You can fill them with foam after they have been installed, just ask for one end cap to be left off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back