Help with heating zone controls please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First, a confession....I am an estimator at a plumbing contractors so should have known better!! (let the abuse begin :D )

A couple of years ago I had our heating system changed as part of a major refurb at home and zoned upstairs and down stairs separately. Each zone is controlled by a Honeywell CM907 PRT one located in the hall and the other in the main bedroom so as not to be affected by the heat from downstairs

What I failed to appreciate was that, as the bedroom would be at a lower temperature than the bathroom, when the PRT in the bedroom is satisfied and the fully tiled bathroom is a bit on the nippy side for the missus!

What I'm wondering is if there is a work around where I can fool the bedroom PRT into staying on to get some heat into the bathroom. The upstairs circuit isn't on for many hours in the day but because the walls have been insulated internally, the bedroom doesn't get overly cold

As the bedroom rad has manual valves, I was considering upping the PRT temperature setting and restricting the flow through the bedroom radiator so it takes longer to reach set temperature, giving the radiator in the bathroom more "on" time - would this be feasible?

Any suggestions welcome, particularly if it doesn't involve relocating things as all the work is finished!!

Edit: Forgot to mention it's a WB weather compensated system as well

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back