Help with Worcester Bosch 37CDI - Room Thermostat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I was wondering if someone could help me. We have recently had installed a Worcester Bosch 37CDI boiler.

We had quotes from Worcester approved installers, who were going to fit a Worcester Bosch RF programmable thermostat. However, we ended up going with another firm who gave us a bog standard Danfoss mechanical thermostat. We have had 3 of these, all of which go on at 20 degrees, regardless of the temp in house. We're just not getting anywhere, and they are such cheap rubbish aswell.

To be honest, we wanted something better anyway. The boiler is in an awkward area to get into, which means it's difficult to control the 7 day timer.

Anyway, we were thinking of getting a proper programmable thermostat, like a Drayon Digistat +3 (which looks like the Worcester Bosch one, only about £100 cheaper). The Honeywell CM907 also looks very good.

Which would you say is better, the Honeywell or Drayton. As Worcester uses the Drayton ones, we thought that this might be more compatible than the Honeywell?

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Honeywell CM907 or a CM927 if you want a wireless one.

We have the CM927 and it's very good, I know a lot of cases were the Drayton Digistat has failed.

The thermostat comes on and off depending on the temperature in the room it is in, and switches the boiler on and off.
The trv's turn the individual radiators in the other rooms on and off depending on the setting they are at.
If you had 3 different stats with the same problem, than the stat is not the problem.
Mechanical stats rarely go wrong, there is not enough inside them to go wrong.
Simple test.
Turn roomstat to 15, boiler should turn off. The flame that is.
Turn roomstat to 25, boiler should come on. This may take a few minutes due to ancti-cycle function.
If this happens, the problem is not with your stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back