Help with working my Newlec NLCH12N STORAGE HEATERS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me to work my storage heaters please ????

I have Newlec NLCH12N heaters in my kitchen and lounge.

I have the input set on 6 and the output set on1.

When I come down in the morning there is loads of heat coming out of them both and by 8pm there's hardly anything left.

The instruction manual says that the output setting should be set at 1 to release heat from early afternoon and the higher the setting the more delayed the release. Someone told me though, that I should set the output to 1 and put it up to 6 when I come home.

I don't know what to do !!!!!

Also, how do I know what time economy 7 comes on and goes off ???

Sorry to sound dumb :oops:

Sponsored Links
Storage radiators and Economy 7 were designed so that the heater charged up the heat over night. The heater then released the heat during the day while the little woman was at home scrubbing and ironing and cleaning while her man was down't pit.

That routine does not work anymore as your heaters have heated the house while you are out and there's nothing left when you come home. That's they way it is, the E7 times are detailed here http://www.eonenergy.com/FAQ/Meters/Economy-7-Details.htm

There is a tariff called Economy 10 that gives you a boost in the afternoon but not all suppliers offer it. May be worth thinking about..
Beware - peak time electricity is more expensive during the day if you go for E7 or E10.

The suggestion

omeone told me though, that I should set the output to 1 and put it up to 6 when I come home.
Is worth a try as it would cost tyou nothing to try..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back