HELP...woodburning stove blowing smoke!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an art deco wood burning stove that began blowing smoke into the sitting room. I've contacted a HETAS professional who suggested we should get the chimney swept. I then spoke to a chimney sweep who said he couldn't sweep it as the flue is too narrow. What do I do??? Need some heat!

The flue is about 10 cm diameter, and is cemented to the back of the burner- horizontally. It then turns 90 degrees and goes up into the chimney space through a cut out in a plastered section in the fireplace roof.

Thanks,

Jo

Sponsored Links
Have you previously been using it without any problem? If the flue only goes into the chimney & not all the way to the roof then it has not been installed properly. 10cms does not sound very big, but I am not sure what the recommended size actually is. Do you have a terminal of any sort on the chimney stack?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back