Help Woodworm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just found woodworm in the floorboards and joists in the understairs cupboard while laying some wiring and under further investigation it has spread to the floor boards and joists in the hallway. One of the joists sounds dead and is quite spongy. I've no idea if the worm is still active or if it's long standing damage, Is there any way to tell, there is some wood dust below the damaged areas but that could have been there for years. How serious a problem is this, do I need to treat the whole house immediately or can I just treat the effected area's which at the moment is easily accessible and then treat the rest of the house as I decorate in the next year or so.

Sponsored Links
maybe know one knows the correct answer. when ever i come across this problem i pass it onto an exspert in this and then return to job when put wright. sorry cant help you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back