Hi and Hotpoint WF560 intermittent fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My Hotpoint WF560 stopped part way through its cycle this evening with the power button light and light 1 wash enhancer light flashing. I have now read that this is fault 08 heater relay circuit or something related.

The machine was set on letter H, 40 degree acrylic wash,
I turned off the power button on the machine then turned it back on again and pressed start.
The pump noise started and the drum didn't move for a few seconds before the same flashing lights came on again. The pump noise continued for a minute or two before stopping and going quiet.
I then turned if off and on again then set the dial to drain out and pressed on, again there was a pump noise followed by the flashing lights for a few minutes.

At this point I went online to find answers, I read that fault 8 can be the one of many things in the circuit so I set the dial to E, 60 degree fast wash and pressed start to see if the heater was working and how long it would take before coming up with errors again.
Only this time no errors came up and it finished the wash as normal.

With the back panel removed I can see most of the wires and they all look ok.
Does the fact that the problem comes and goes point toward a faulty circuit board?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Looks like it, yes.

I hand a gander online too, and it's not looking good, sorry to say.

A moderator on one site flatly refuse to attend 08 faults ...

Is there any local mr know how you can get to to give it a quick electronics check, incase it's a faulty pcb?
image.jpg

Hi and Thanks
I see you can get refurbished boards for £60, similar money gets a washing machine off gumtree.
I took the board out and found some salt residue in places so its clearly got damp at some point.
I cleaned it up for now with isopropanol and seems to be working, will see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back