Hi can you help? lack of pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone advise, we have a ideal HE30 isar boiler which is 3 years old its worked great until my husband removed a radiator to decorate the radiator leaked which he fixed now we have no pressure or water going round system hence no heating can anyone advise please

Sponsored Links
You have to repressurise. There is a "filling loop" which is a short section of (usually) flexible pipe connecting the cold water inlet to the heating loop. On older systems this was usually external and there would be a tap somewhere near the boiler. On newer boilers it is often internal and operated by a small tap or key under the boiler somewhere.

Turn the tap, key, or whatever is on your boiler, water comes in, pressure guage rises to just over 1, then turn off the tap.

we have tried that but theres no water getting through its just under 3 years old

i really appreciate the advice so far can you suggest anything else?

Sponsored Links

you should have something like this, you need to open both taps at the same time then you should hear the boiler start to fill.

my husband says we have to pipe you have shown but apparantly one tap opens but the other one doesnt

does it have 2 taps or is it one tap and just a chrome valve on the other end ?

Sometimes the plastic knob twists without turning the shaft. If so remove the nut and use an adjustable spanner.

Or get a new husband with plumbing skills.

Tony

i need a new husband in more ways than one.

thanks for advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back