Hiding this vinyl floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got to hide this vinyl, was going to lay new vinyl on top. Never done it before so rather than risk ripping up old stuff would just cover it. Was going to buy a bigger than needed bit and slow cut it down with a Stanley.

Where's the best place to buy some?
DSC_0032.JPG

Sponsored Links
Got to hide this vinyl, was going to lay new vinyl on top. Never done it before so rather than risk ripping up old stuff would just cover it. Was going to buy a bigger than needed bit and slow cut it down with a Stanley.
Good Luck ! - get a hooked blade for the stanley, that'll help - I know from bitter experience using a straight blade;)

They look like vinyl tiles, need removing as the damage will wear thru to the surface of new .

Sponsored Links
Put some 6mm plywood over the tiles. Looks like on hardboard or uplift it all.

Good Luck ! - get a hooked blade for the stanley, that'll help - I know from bitter experience using a straight blade;)

Will do. Do u mean it's difficult ?

I was going to leave original tiles because if I couldn't cut the new vinyl properly and botched it at least the originals would still be there and not ripped up.

I was going to leave original tiles because if I couldn't cut the new vinyl properly and botched it at least the originals would still be there and not ripped up.
Should not take much fitting the new floor will run under the kick boards .

Yes, leave the originals - hooked blade is for cutting the new stuff - it's what the pro's use - I watched them;)

Yes, leave the originals - hooked blade is for cutting the new stuff - it's what the pro's use - I watched them;)
Yes, but try not to kneel directly behind the blade. If it "skips" out of the cut it will make a painful puncture in your knee or thigh. I speak from experience! (and I've seen trade fitters spear themselves with them as well)

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back