High Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler (Greenstar 28i Junior, installed November 2007) has started to run at 2.5 bar - just at the end of the green scale.
Once or twice I've had to increase the pressure to around 1.5 bar, as this is what the installation engineer recommended.
Can anyone advise me on how can I decrease the pressure, please?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
if your unsure about diy the best way i can think of is a rad bleed key, put it in one side of the rad at the top (there will be a square fitting to slot into that matches your bleed key) give it a quater turn, water should start draining out, it may take a while but this will bring your pressure down.

if your unsure about diy the best way i can think of is a rad bleed key, put it in one side of the rad at the top (there will be a square fitting to slot into that matches your bleed key) give it a quater turn, water should start draining out, it may take a while but this will bring your pressure down.

Thanks matey -I did that this morning (switched boiler off first) and it dropped after a while.
Seems OK now, and plumber who fitted it is coming to service it in a day or two.

Thanks again, buddy. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back