high pressure hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
changed taps on an old customer's bath, and noticed she has an initial "surge" of hot water which then dies down to normal. this happens at each hot tap if the water is left to build up pressure. what is causing this? she has a combi boiler that is due to be serviced soon and I would like to tell her what they should look for.

Sponsored Links
I am taking that they don't have a hot water cylinder in the house? check what the pressure bar is on the boiler. does the pressure build up fast again after running the tap.

no tank, pressure builds up within a minute, and thought the pressure gauge was just for the central heating?

This is typical of a blockage, standing pressure builds up (equalise's throught the pipework ) initial surge of hot water, but under flow pressure drops of............. probably a blocked filter or flow restrictor somewhere probably on the boiler, posting make and model of boiler would help..............

Sponsored Links
I am taking that they don't have a hot water cylinder in the house? check what the pressure bar is on the boiler. does the pressure build up fast again after running the tap.

Top Marks for effort and willingness to help !
Zero for the answer ! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back