Highflow 400 not heating when CH running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Highflow 400, which has had a series of problems now has a problem that Worcester Bosch have tried to fix but not succeeded. They plan to have another go, but I wondered whether anyone had some theories here.

When the central heating is not running, the boiler can deliver hot water to the taps. But with the tap still running, you can flip on the CH and the water runs cold. Turn the CH off and the tap gets its hot water back.

The heat exchanger at the back of the boiler was switched out on the last visit, but that hasn't solved the problem. It was powder flushed a couple of months back and had inhibitor added.

Thoughts anyone?

Jon

Sponsored Links
I too am having problems with a WB Highflow 400 and having downloaded the installation and commissioning instructions have an idea of how it should work. The relevant info for you may be this:

"The appliance will supply heat to the central heating system as
required. A demand for hot water at a tap or shower will override the
central heating function for the period of the domestic hot water
demand."

Suggests to me that this is not happening with yours. So whatever controls the diverting of the hot water from CH to HW may be the culprit. Sorry that is a bit vague but hope it helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back