worcester highflow 400

I think it was the earlier model which I removed last year.

To get it out easily I dismantled it and as I remember the tank was held on with bolts from underneath which required me to invert it to access them.

Tony

Sponsored Links
still not sure ?anyone no the procedure for removing this tank?I have good access to front and side?what comes off/out first?
and is it possible to draw the tank out and leave everything else in place ?
Any volunteers!!!!

I think it was the earlier model which I removed last year.

To get it out easily I dismantled it and as I remember the tank was held on with bolts from underneath which required me to invert it to access them.

Tony

There are 2 big allen key bolts on the 3.5 and 4.5 highflow tanks that are almost always corroded on. I usually end up heating and chiseling a slot in the bracket to get them off...ugly job if ever you can get a tank off worcester which isnt damaged!
The 400 tanks are even worse, they leak because they are full of crap which is always in the process of clocking the dhw hx and manifolds aswell so I always remove all of that and the gas valve and then you can swap the tanks. So much easier to just fit a decent boiler.

Sponsored Links
The lengths some people will go to to avoid getting a new boiler.

And after all the cost and work its still an 18 year old boiler!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back