Hii all, Baxi eco80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, im new to the forum so hello to begin with! (y)
I have a baxi eco 80 that has stopped supplying hot water to the taps and altogether not firing up when taps running (works fine on the central heating side), the rod on the diverter valve comes out when the tap is turned on and pushes the micro switch, the gas doesnt fire up and the yellow light doesnt come on at the front of the panel (it did flicker on a few times yesterday like there was a poor connection when it tried to fire up) i have found that whilst the tap is running and i tap/knock the control panel(just next to the water pressure dial) the boiler fires up, i have removed each connection that plugs into the pcm board to check for loose connections but to no avail :mad: the other fault is radiators getting hot when hot water used to work which i have read is down to the diverter valve but not sure if that would be connected to this fault? hope someone could point me in the right direction,as im not really into cold showers:eek:(as i didnt want to jump straight in to a new pcm board) :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like pcb and diverter needed, these pcbs are flaky, i replace loads! Although tests should be carried out as a pcb is an expensive guess!

thanks for the reply, is it worth replacing the diaphragms and springs in the valve or just replace the whole valve? also is there a way to test the pcb's for this kind of fault

A sensible thing to test first would be to electrically test the DHW microswitch.

Tony

Sponsored Links
cheers tony, i tested the continuity on the hw micro switch and it is good does as it should when the switch is pressed and released, also checked the temp sensor which came back at 12.9 ohms on a cold boiler, anything else i could check?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back