Hitachi AX-M68D not functioning correctly!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hitachi AX-m68D stereo, which comes with cd player, DAB tuner and amplifier. It was working the other day fine but then yesterday when i tried to power it up there was no life in the unit when pressign any of the buttons. i turned it off at the mains and left it for a while turned it back on then the radio section powered up ok and i could change channels but no sound came out of the unit and i could not change the function to cd, Aux etc or turn off with the off button. I have left the unit un plugged for 24hrs and tried again but still the same problem. i have removed and cleaned the cables on the back bt still no life. Any thoughts would be much appreciated?

Sponsored Links
Any thoughts would be much appreciated?
I'm thinking "it's faulty". How familiar are you with electronic components? It may simply be a capacitor failure in the PSU. How easy is it to dismantle?

Yes if it fails to turn on properly it's usually the power supply and by far the most common power supply fault is failing capacitors.

I've not had a chance to get into the guts of it yet, but after it was left off for the weekend, it seem sfor now, touchwood, to be working OK. but one day i'll open it up and let you know how it goes. thanks for the thoughts.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back