Hobbies that pay.

Sponsored Links
Buy better wine (y)
I have a story . . . .

Many many years ago in my youth I worked away from home on various projects for a large painting & decorating Co'. Occasionally we'd fall lucky & end up lodging in a fabulous B&B, & when there can be a few of us all prepared to 'squeeze' in then it could be quite lucrative for the owners.

I don't know how or why this chap had opened his house up on the outskirts of Amersham as a small B&B but the house would sell for £3+million today & you would instantly tell he was very well educated. I got on very well with him (& his missus) & I enjoyed many long chats with him about subjects I'm still interested in today.

There was just 2 of us lodging at the time, we'd had as many as 8 in there but the job was coming to an end. I went home for the weekend taking the van leaving Eddie behind as he just wanted to chill & relax for the weekend in what really was a great B&B. When I turned up Monday morning at the yard before heading off to the job I was told not to go back to that B&B & Eddy was at some hotel nearby . . . . . So I picked Eddy up & got the story of how he'd found this blokes wine stash & had absolutely no idea that a bottle of wine could be worth as much as £3k :)

Sponsored Links
I have a story . . . .

Many many years ago in my youth I worked away from home on various projects for a large painting & decorating Co'. Occasionally we'd fall lucky & end up lodging in a fabulous B&B, & when there can be a few of us all prepared to 'squeeze' in then it could be quite lucrative for the owners.

I don't know how or why this chap had opened his house up on the outskirts of Amersham as a small B&B but the house would sell for £3+million today & you would instantly tell he was very well educated. I got on very well with him (& his missus) & I enjoyed many long chats with him about subjects I'm still interested in today.

There was just 2 of us lodging at the time, we'd had as many as 8 in there but the job was coming to an end. I went home for the weekend taking the van leaving Eddie behind as he just wanted to chill & relax for the weekend in what really was a great B&B. When I turned up Monday morning at the yard before heading off to the job I was told not to go back to that B&B & Eddy was at some hotel nearby . . . . . So I picked Eddy up & got the story of how he'd found this blokes wine stash & had absolutely no idea that a bottle of wine could be worth as much as £3k :)
And then the alarm went off.

I have a story . . . .

So he owned a £3+ million house, drank £3000 bottles of wine, and yet felt the need to wear a pinny every morning:ROFLMAO:

Hands up the people who thinks we wont see a picture?

Andy

IMG_5550.jpeg

I personally enjoy Mr Dork Lards quips and stories.

Over on the Pistonheads forum they have ‘the custard test’, where if a post/story/situation is challenged as being false the poster is requested to post a picture of item/situation/etc with a tin, carton or packet of custard to prove its real.

Amusingly one time someone started posting on the forum as Jason Plato (Touring car racer and TV presenter), and of course people didn’t believe it was him…but fair dos to JP - he posted a picture of him holding a tin of custard to prove it.

Sponsored Links
Back