Hole in Heating Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks
after tiling the bathroom walls I was putting the radiator back when a pipe got pierced buy a small nail that was sticking through the chipboard.
Now, I can do some plumbing work (soldering) but never done anything on this kind of pipe....It's a 10 mm pipe with a grey thick rubber sleeve and it's connected with some kind of plastic compression joint that seats on the sleeve.
Is it just a matter of cutting it with a normal cutter and fit a straight joint?
Where do I find that kind of joint? Will normal DIY shops sell them?

Thanks,

Carl

Sponsored Links
Possibly a 10mm coupling would solve your problem after cutting out the offending hole.

Thanks gas
I'm not sure what coupling I should use though....The one used in the current pipe is a grey plastic compression type that you can undo by hand... Am I ok using a normal joint with 10 mm olives? In this case, do I remove the rubber sleeve first?

carlbold said:
Thanks gas
I'm not sure what coupling I should use though....The one used in the current pipe is a grey plastic compression type that you can undo by hand... Am I ok using a normal joint with 10 mm olives? In this case, do I remove the rubber sleeve first?

sounds like Hep2o fitting use any coupling you like as long as it is compatible with the plastic pipes you have now.

Sponsored Links
Thanks....And that leaves me with the final trivial question: how do I cut a plastic pipe?

pwh0032l.jpg

2 x
pwh0163l.jpg

pwh0001l.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back