Boiler Heating joint leak

tc5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just noticed today a small leak at a valve forming a T joint
exiting the top of my combi boiler hot water to immersion heater pipe, tighten half a notch but still leaks slightly when boiler is off & water cold.

Looking at the soldered straight joint it appears to be a compression valve
screwed into the soldered joint and open at the cap compressing a spring inside. Is this some kind of non return or bleed valve I am struggling to find anything like it on the heating suppliers websites?????????? the system is probally around 15-20 years old!

Sponsored Links
Please look at what you have got and read a book or something so that you can then describe exactly what you have fitted. Perhaps we can then help you.

Tony

Many Thanks, I suspected it might be that! kind of difficult to describe could have posted a Digital photo if you could upload on this site !

Guess it's drain down the hot water system and replace the valve, if it
defintely just feeds the hot water cylinder I can manage this
myself.

Sponsored Links
If he has a combi boiler one wonders if he really has a hot water cylinder as well?

Tony

Agile said:
If he has a combi boiler one wonders if he really has a hot water cylinder as well?

Tony
:LOL: :LOL: but you didn`t guess safety valve ;) I recon we could make a game show of this forum :LOL: like a question of sport

:D
Guess what I also have a back bolier as well !

:LOL: :LOL: Rather than question of sport Perhaps the weakest link fits better!

It would be a very unusual system which has a combi boiler, a back boiler AND and a hot water cylinder!

I suspect that this may be what is called a "wind up merchant".

Unfortunately I am not accustomed to using impolite language, others can do that!

To us, customers think that they are right! We are polite at all times, even when we are told things that defy the laws of physics!

I will have to leave the rude language to others, I dont know the words!

Tony

You need a plumber m8!!! ..... Nothing we can do here to help you unless you at least have a clue of what you are looking at

Why not use the dhw cylinder as a thermal store heated by the back boiler. Pass the combi dhw through the secondary coil of the thermal store and you'll have a cheap Worcester Hiflow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back