Home-made Nokia charger

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
well, not exactly "made"

I have a Nokia 6310i

It has a 3.6v Li-Polymer battery (eh?)

The charger socket is for one of those co-axial tubular things. From a web search I understand they are positive-centre.

I have mislaid the charger, perhaps when away from home or maybe I've left it under the new kitchen floor ;)
No trace of the USB or whatever PC connector it might have once had.

I have got a multi-use charger where you can set the polarity and voltage, it has a spider of connectors including one that it is a (slightly loose) fit. My charger has settings for 3v, 4.5v, 6v, 7/5v, 9v and 12v, and is rated at 300 mA

Is there any reason why I can't use it? what voltage would be acceptabl?

I have put the SIM in another phone for now so not exactly urgent.

Sponsored Links
Nokia-6310i-Silver-Template.jpg

my nokia charger says 5v output, and i used to have one as shown iin the picture, i use the same charger for all my nokia phones

can you have a look and see if it says centre positive? ta

I would have thought mine would charge on 4.5V then, surely they aren't too fussy?

no it doesn't, fantastic 4 just starting on sky will get meter and check

Sponsored Links
Thanks! I set it to 6v and the battery is now full (I also tried it at 4.5v and got a "not charging" message)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back