Homeserve service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am thinking of getting the Homeserve extended guarantee for my boiler, there are two options:

1 star: Breakdown cover.

3 star: Same as 1 star but included is an annual service.

Is this annual service worth the extra money or is the service just like British Gas (not what you can call a service).

Opinions please.

Sponsored Links
Homeserve use Vaillant engineers to carry out the servicing so it's done properly unlike ****ish gas (aka british gas)

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I am thinking of getting the Homeserve extended guarantee for my boiler, there are two options:

1 star: Breakdown cover.

3 star: Same as 1 star but included is an annual service.

Is this annual service worth the extra money or is the service just like British Gas (not what you can call a service).

Opinions please.

think of it as preventative maintenance. no its not a service, but most new boiler dont seem to need the strip down required of old boilers. id still go for the contract with the safety check.

Homeserve use Vaillant engineers to carry out the servicing so it's done properly unlike ****ish gas (aka british gas)

Thanks for that.

Do you know by any chance how much a service in the first two years of guarantee will cost from Vaillant?

We have charged £55 for servicing in the past but will probably in future charge £65 when a flue gas analysis is required.

In recent years the "servicing" of a vaillant boiler has become more difficult because they have has seal failures and a recommendation that some of the seals were replaced on a service.

Its difficult to get any agreement on whats required on a modern boiler during a service. 80% of those I ask say that if the FGA results are OK there there is no need to open the burner assembly. To make matters worse there is also some difference of opinion as to the need to replace the seals in that situation.

I am therefore rather pleased that 90% of homeowners do not bother to validate their second/third years warranty by getting their boiler serviced.

To answer the original question I would probably suggest an independent for the annual service and a breakdown only insurance. In that case the more careful independent will often identify aspects that need attention under the insurance!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back