honeywell 3 way valve actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all. looks like my honeywell 3 way valve actuator has packed in. i believe it has because it hasnt moved since i tried the central heating last week. (not used heating for a good 6 months)
i have replaced these actuators in the past think its 3 now. poss does the actuator stick when not switching from hot water to heating ? anyway switched the boiler on for heating i sort of tried to move the manual arm, it felt stiff but did move. so my understanding now it is doing both the heating and hot water (a mid position) so my query should i just get a new actuator or mess around with this one. or any tips will be great . cheers

Sponsored Links
If you set it to heating only the lever should have no resistance at all. If it has resistance for the full travel of the lever it is in the hot water position. Does your heating work at all?

ok. hot water is ok. once i switch just the heating on boiler kicks up but the rads do not get warm. (so no heating) when i do switch to just the heating i could heat the actuator working (moving the valve). this i cannot hear the motor one bit. this tells me the actuator is broke ? once i sort of helped the arm the hating has worked. there was resistance but i am sure only at first. ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back