Honeywell Accenta G4 false alarms

I'm pretty sure that each zone is wired up to it's corresponding zone on the panel box but will ask good old pa to check this out when he puts the door contact and hall PIR on seperate zones tomorrow.

The upstairs landing PIR doesn't face any bedrooms so will not detect any movement in them and its a pet friendly one as we have a small dog.....not that he moves from his bed, even when the alarm goes off!

I have noticed that the wires on the door contact are loose so this will need sorting when the whole wiring/programming is checked out. It was working perfectly up until about 6 weeks ago when the random night false alarms started which have since become nightly events.

I'll update the post following pa's work at the weekend....hopefully with good news that its sorted.

Sponsored Links
I have noticed that the wires on the door contact are loose so this will need sorting when the whole wiring/programming is checked out. It was working perfectly up until about 6 weeks ago when the random night false alarms started which have since become nightly events.

I'll update the post following pa's work at the weekend....hopefully with good news that its sorted.

There you go. A likely candidate. The relevant zone too.

The door sensor and hall PIR are now in seperate zones and I have worked out how to use the part set programme for use at night so I'll let you know tomorrow whether I have a false alarm again tonight.....hopefully not!

Glad you got back.
They are solved as the zones have been split and the programming altered.
You also have to alter it again to have the hall PIR act differently in the mornings. (Did it detect you or another going to the toilet, a pet on the stairs?).

As said before it`s not been installed or programmed correctly. A system should work around the client/house holder, NOT the other way around.

Sponsored Links
Well we've established that the hall PIR is the problem as we had another false alarm at 4.30 this morning so we are going to swap it with the landing PIR which is also a pet friendly sensor so we can establish if it's the sensor itself or the wiring. Until then I'm omitting this zone at night so I can have an undisturbed sleep!!

As I said, the "hall" one is the issue.
#The wiring is still suspect.

Post some pictures of the PCB.
Then I can guide you further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back