HONEYWELL - ANALOGUE VS DIGITAL RF ROOMSTAT:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having my CH/HW upgraded soon (at last!!!) with a new boiler and S-plan system, using Honeywell controls and valves.

The plumber suggests using the Honeywell RF analogue roomstat (Y6630D1007) but I would prefer the digital model (DT92E1000) mainly because it's easier to see (old age is a curse!!), and I understand from Honeywell it is equally appropriate. Surprisingly(??), it's also a few pounds cheaper and seems to have a few more features (ECO button etc.). Presumably, from same manufacturer, both are equally reliable. The roomstat will be downstairs in the living room and I assume the receiver will be upstairs in the airing cupboard adjacent to the MVs and wiring centre. I suppose installation is similar for both.

Has anyone any direct experience of this equipment, I'd appreciate any comments and opinions??

Sponsored Links
Honeywell do an excellent digital thermostat,which can be hard wired.I think this will be alot better for you as you will not have to mess about with batteries and alot less chances of things going wrong

RF

Just means wireless and sometimes when there isn't any cable already fitted makes the job alot easier for the installation process

A hard wired thermostat will always be alot more reliable less chances of things going wrong loss of signal dead batteries interference with the signal etc etc

Hi - thanks Happyplumber for quick reply. I did realise RF was wireless and would generally prefer hard-wires, And I appreciate plumber is using it for his (and my) convenience as it would be quite difficult and messy to route additional cables. Although RF roomstat will probably stay put, it gives the option for different locations. And as theoretical range of signal is 30m I'm hoping the few metres required in my case will be no problem.

I was just surprised the more versatile digital version was actually cheaper and wondered if I'd overlooked anything. Also hoped to get comments on general reliability in use. Pretty sure Honeywell are as good as if not better than most.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back