Honeywell BDR91 to Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey

Currently have BDR91 receiver. I’ve been wiring the new hive system as instructed on the various forums. Having trouble connecting everything up. When power goes on the boiler starts up without being instructed too. Also when I instruct the boiler to turn off via the hive thermostat it doesn’t seem to do anything!

I have a Worcester combi boiler so just using the single channel.

Sponsored Links
Just to clarify the grey is into terminal 1 and the brown is into terminal 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 365
Thats fine what have you connected to at the boiler end ? did you completely disconnect the BDR 91 ?

Sponsored Links
So far all I’ve done is remove the old BDR91. Disconnected all the wires. Then wired up the hive system as shown. Had no issues with the old thermostat.

I’ve actually just disconnected the hive system and wired up the old BDR91 and the heating is working perfectly!

I have no idea what’s going wrong!

remove the batteries from the hive thermostat , does the boiler still fire ?

Yeah we’ve tried that and the boiler is still firing. I played around with the locations of the grey and brown cables but have had no success. Either the boiler fires up as soon as power is connected (without any instruction from the hive thermostat-batteries taken out) and will not shut off. Or pressing the heating button on the receiver fires the boiler up but won’t switch off when instructed to do so by the hive thermostat!!

really cant think what you have done wrong, put the BDR91 back on and with everything working post a pic of where the wires are connected on the BDR when it works, as you have 2 brown wires put a piece of tape round one so they dont get mixed up

Here is the current wiring for the working BDR91.
I have a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior Combi MK V

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 308
Here is the current wiring for the working BDR91.
I have a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior Combi MK V
yep you are wiring it correctly so the Hive should work seems like you have a faulty receiver, wire the hive up and switch the boiler to HW only, turn the power on and the boiler wont fire, see if the hive thermostat or your phone control the hive receiver, light coming on when a demand is made and off when turned down again, if it does and when you select CH and HW and it still stays on all the time then the receiver is faulty.

Could it be one of the wires is the NS? Or have I got it wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back