honeywell cm727 an vaillant ecotec pro 28 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys my gran parents got a new combi boiler installed yesterday installers left just left the roomstat sitting for them to setup was late last night that i had a chance to even look near the programmer cm727 when i noticed the roomstat was not communicating with the boiler ie when you turn the stat to off the boiler still demands heat ended up having to turn the c/h temp down to off

phoned the installer to see if he can sort the problem out but can't get out for 2 weeks an said that a electrician installed the stat an receiver relay an he's away on holidays today for 2 weeks

stat an receiver is binded an transmits through out the house even when demand for heat on the stat shows flame an green light on the receiver heating doesnt want to come on

the 2 black switch wires (A & B) to the ebus are connected but on the receiver(relay) N,L,L there is 2 brown wires in the middle L is that right an no wires in no.2 L

Sponsored Links
Go to the relay box not the remote and press the over ride button until the green LED comes on , if this brings the boiler on then it is wired in correctly and the fault is that the receiver and transmitter are not paired if it doesnt bring the boiler on then its not wired correctly, hope this helps

well if the green LED came on and the boiler didnt then its not wired in properly sorry you will have to get the installer back I wouldnt be waing two weeks though

Sponsored Links
is this the new boiler with a grey strip on the door or the old one with white only door?

this
new_ecotec_pro_1.jpg

You mention ebus. The CM727 should not be connected to the boiler’s ebus (serial data bus). The A & B connections should be connected as per a conventional switched thermostat circuit to the boiler. Check with the boiler installation manual.

I have just tried to make sense of the instruction book, and I have to say that it is as clear as mud as to how to wire the honeywell controller...

much easier to use ebus only, but you need vaillants own controls for that, they are not used with any other controls..

so that one terminal marked ebus should have NO cables in it...indeed the wrong voltage there will be a very expensive mistake..

I would use the 24v switching on the volt free side of the honeywell relay, that may do it but no guarantees....there may be other tricks that only vaillant know about...

?? don't see the problem, it's ordinary.. and as clear as usual in the manual??
Spose you want me to look it up - later!

RIght hand end of the board iirc.
DOn't connect to the Vaillant bus but you need to remove a link - again iirc.

right chaps haven't had a chance to see your comments till now
the spark had it wired to ebus so today i unwired the 2 switch wires from the ebus connect taken out the rf24 loop an put the 2 switch wires into that hay presto bloody works then the installer told he paid a spark £90 for that an earth cables lol

Terminals A and B of the thermostat receiver should be connected to terminals 3 and 4 of the boiler terminal strip (see Fig 4.15 and 4.18 of the Vaillant manual), with the link wire removed.

Terminals A and B of the thermostat receiver should be connected to terminals 3 and 4 of the boiler terminal strip (see Fig 4.15 and 4.18 of the Vaillant manual), with the link wire removed.

Not on the OP's boiler (2nd gen ecotec) , no provision for # 3 terminal , must admit when first installing one of these I forgot to remove the 24 volt link (x106) when powering 240 volts to x1. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back