Honeywell CM921 Wireless Programable Room Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above which needs replacing. There seem to be a few OEM ones that pair with the existing BD 951 relay box. Has anyone any experience of different manufacturers and whether they are as temp. sensitive as the Honeywell one. They are much cheaper but I don't want to waste money on one that does not maintain the room temp. as well as the Honeywell.

Sponsored Links
£50 will get you a brand new plumb centre own brand ,it’s a Honeywell ,complete stat and receiver.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Centre brand is plumb centres own make ,( it’s a Honeywell)
It appears Centre is a Timeguard product not Honeywell so the relay box would also need changing which is something the OEM ones in my first post avoid. But the same question really are they very temp. sensitive.

There seem to be a few OEM ones that pair with the existing BD 951 relay box. Has anyone any experience of different manufacturers and whether they are as temp. sensitive as the Honeywell one.

Is that a BDR91 relay box?

I don't think anyone will actually have done a direct comparison between two particular thermostats. But most modern thermostats use an algorithm called TPI to control the temperature and are very precise. Probably less than a quarter of a degree in practice. This is how the CM921 works and also the Center model. Do you have some links to the OEM ones you are talking about?

If it’s is a BDR91 then should be some on eBay. I have some spare if these, but had issues with some recently.

Is that a BDR91 relay box?

I don't think anyone will actually have done a direct comparison between two particular thermostats. But most modern thermostats use an algorithm called TPI to control the temperature and are very precise. Probably less than a quarter of a degree in practice. This is how the CM921 works and also the Center model. Do you have some links to the OEM ones you are talking about?
Thanks for that it is exactly what I wanted to know. Don't have any links without googling again but they all claimed to work as you suggest so it looks like they will be ok

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back