Honeywell evohome

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've had the evohome system installed and am currently using 4 radiator valve heads (HR92) to create 4 separate zones in the kitchen, living room, bathroom and nursery. All the valves work and are turning on their respective zones. The strange issue I'm having is whenever I turn on any zone that 'ISN'T' the living room, the living room will also turn itself on and can't be switched off unless you turn the zone off that was turned on originally.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or might know a fix.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the HR92 is bound to two zones. Clear the binding from the HR92 that's misbehaving and pair it again with the evohome controller. If in doubt, delete all the zones and start again after clearing the binding on everything. TheEvohomeShop has a good guide on doing this, as the button push sequence isn't intuitive.

It's not hard to really confuse the system. Pretty sure one person I helped troubleshoot things had managed to bind the radiator valve to the boiler relay...

Think you might be able to double-bind an HR92 by faffing around with the sensor/actuator pairing on the controller (ie, pair the sensor to one zone and the actuator to another. Or vice-versa).

Evohome binding gives me a headache at the best of times. It's possible to exploit the lack of rigour in the software for c̶l̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶g̶e̶s̶ useful things, which may be why Honeywell allow it to happen.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the HR92 is bound to two zones. Clear the binding from the HR92 that's misbehaving and pair it again with the evohome controller. If in doubt, delete all the zones and start again after clearing the binding on everything. TheEvohomeShop has a good guide on doing this, as the button push sequence isn't intuitive.

It's not hard to really confuse the system. Pretty sure one person I helped troubleshoot things had managed to bind the radiator valve to the boiler relay...

Thanks thirsty. No joy with rebinding but I'll have to bite to the bullet and try the full reset. Hopefully that will do it

Thanks for the response

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back