Honeywell Flex Security

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've currently got a wired galaxy g2 system which has been great over the last 6 years with no false alarms or issues, and only just changed the backup battery this year.
On another property i'm looking to install a Galaxy Flex system but thinking of going fully wireless on all PIR's etc to ease install.
I've read about wireless systems which can be jammed using a device. however i was wondering if this is still in case with modern day systems.
Whilst i know a wired system would be most secure, it wireless just as secure now or could it still be subject to interference/tampering and being bypassed without activating the alarm?

Sponsored Links
Look for systems with wireless hoping technology, ie it can hop between various frequencies like Orisec and Pyronix, although Orisec isn’t availe to general public not sure if flex has such facilities

If you have any concerns over RF jamming, then the only way to ensure zero chance of signal jam is a wired system. A compromise is a hybrid system where only some of the most difficult to locate (wiring wise) sensors are wireless.

I'm very sceptical over the likelyhood of an ordinary domestic house in an ordinary residential street being burgled while the alarm was disabled by RF jamming.

Round my way the burglars climb over fences and enter through unlocked doors or open windows, or smash their way in using whatever's lying around.

If they had a tech tool they's try to sell it because they couldn't read the instructions.

14-year-old coke heads are not very savvy.

My family does not have a collection of jewellery that features in the papers, so nobody will make a special trip to rob me.

Sponsored Links
There are different types of burglars, targeting different things.

I have seen radio jamming, but necessarily with the intent to rob, however the only way to truly avoid it is not to have wireless devices.

Most modern systems are capable of alerting you to radio jamming.

Always hard wire first radio last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back