New alarm system fitting - Flex 20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently looking to install an alarm my a house which is pre-wired. I'm an IT engineer and have some electronics and experience as well as experience with Access control systems. To be honest I'm finding the whole alarm industry kind of perplexing. In IT security everything is wide open and available for comment/scrutiny however the alarm industry is very closed doors (as is the access control industry).

I'd like a system with ethernet access, wireless for a shed/window alarms and keyfob for arming/disarming. PIR wise I'd like pet immunity.

I've researched and come across the Galaxy Flex 20. I like the MK8 keypad so the 'C005-E2-K04I' Kit would look to be the best option with a few extras. My current thinking looks like this:

C005-E2-K04I
1 x Honeywell C005-M-E2 Flex 20 Panel Medium Box
1 x Honeywell CP051-00-01 MK8 Keyprox Keypad
1 x Honeywell A083-00-01 Ethernet Module

Extra
1 x Honeywell A073-00-01 Galaxy Flex Direct mount RF Portal
1 x Honeywell AG6/WB Live Bellbox with Cover
4 x Honeywell DT8012F5 PIR
2 x Honeywell DO800M
1 x Generic battery (7Ah?)
5 x Honeywell YX0-0004 Keyprox fobs

I have a few questions:

1. Sanity check - Does this all make sense? I've picked all honeywell but I suspect mixing and matching could be better where possible. Is the Flex 20 the best option for what I want?
2. Where is the best place to order from? Everyone seems to be geared toward installer so I'm unsure.
3. How do I make sure I get the latest firmware - No-one seems to say and I doubt i'll get this from honeywell because I'm not an installer.
4. Does a manual come with the control panel? Is there software required for my setup?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
All looks okay apart from the external siren. The Honeywell AG series are pretty crap and don't seem very loud or robust when on the wall! Opt for a Texecom Odyssey. The 3E is great value for money, but the new X series look pretty good too.
You may also want to get an internal speaker. The Flex V3 firmware is currently V3.18 and it seems okay with the self monitoring and apps.
I'll see what I have in the office and will PM you some details.

Sponsored Links
Great thanks for the advice. The Odyssey X looks pretty good too. I'll await your PM as I'm likely mid august to get started with this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back