Honeywell galaxy 44 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,i was wondering if anyone could help please.
I had an Honeywell galaxy alarm fitted about 3-4 years ago..
Last night I set the alarm when we went to bed,and in the night the alarm started going off.when I went to put code in the keypad was off,
There was no power cut as all other electrical items were working.
I went into the main control box in the loft and moved battery and heard a differet beep so went down to control panel and it was back on so I manged to turn alarm off.
This is a wired alarm so wondering why the control panel went off.
I' worried about using alam now in case it happens again and I can't turn it off.any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
hmm if you moved the back up battery and the keypad started functioning, seems a little strange.

loose wire at the main panel for the keypad and the knock made it connect again, or the back up battery is now disconnected and not dragging the system down would be my initiall starting point but I am not a galaxy guy.

The battery sounds feasible as you are approaching the life time expected expiry of the back up battery (usually approx. 5 years)

It's strange isn't it, I can't understand why there was no power to keypad,as all other electric items were working.
As the battery is coming up to its life span would that effect the power if it' hard wired I thought it would be ok still

Sponsored Links
purely speculation as to the cause, but clearly the cables were moved when you opened the box if you didn't actually do anything.

This isn't as uncommon as you think, a bad connection fails, open the panel and move the cables and the connection improves.

Ideally the cables should be checked to make sure they are securely terminated, a back up battery running low can cause all sorts of issues with alarm systems.

Like I said not a galaxay guy so cant comment any further than that to be fair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back