Honeywell Galaxy GD48 Radio Keyfob help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Honeywell Galaxy GD48, with a mix of mostly wired zones but also a few RF zones. I recently bought a 4 button RF keyfob TCC8M but I can't get it to work very usefully which I suspect is because I have 2 groups set up. Group A1 is the house and group A2 is the detached garage. The garage is left full set the entire time that we're not using it, whereas the house is full set when we're out and unset or part set when we're in.

I learnt the keyfob and it is associated to a user.

When I press the "full set" button on the fob it simply makes the keypad go from the banner screen to the group set screen, so I can see which groups are currently set and I can then toggle between set and unset for each group on the keypad, and initiate a system set as that user for a group. Same behaviour for the "part set" button. When I press the "unset" button on the fob it unsets *both* groups.

This is not useful. Is there no way to initiate a full set, part set or unset on a specific group entirely from the keyfob? A double press, or hold down a second key? The instructions say that you can set up "programmable key combinations", but I cannot find any details of how you do that anywhere! I can't see anything obvious in the CODES menu 42.

Thanks,

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Anyone able to advise me on using a radio keyfob with a Honeywell Galaxy Dimension 48 panel where groups are set up? @GalaxyGuy??

Ideally I'd like to understand if there's a way to customise it to target the "unset", "part set" or "full set" at just 1 specific group, or - better - to be able to choose between groups using just the keyfob. Otherwise it's totally useless to me.

I think you'll need to create another user that does not have group choice for the house. That user is assigned the house group only and the assigned fob will set and unset the house only. The user doesn't need a pin code and can just be assigned a name like 'username-f' for their fob.

Thanks @GalaxyGuy! I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know. Btw do you know how to set up the programmable key combinations? The install instructions I got with the fob say that there are 4 programmable functions, these being: button 4, buttons 4 + 1, buttons 4 + 2 and buttons 4 + 3. However it gives no information on how to do that! It does mention "Configuration is performed via a programming tool. See panel's installation instructions or programming tools documentation for further details on keyfob configuration", but I'm not sure whether or not this refers to the programmable functions. I could not find further instructions anywhere.

I'll attach a scan of the leaflet.

Sponsored Links
scan.jpg

Although the remote is capable of those sequences, the Galaxy panels do not implement anything with them. The documentation isn't clear (it comes from the French division), but it means programming at the control panel side and not the fob itself.

I'm working on a home automation bus module that will be able to pick up these key presses from the Portal and do something with them. This does require a home automation controller to pick up the information via MQTT, make a decision on what to do with it and then send control commands via MQTT to the panel.

I finally tried the suggestion and it works. With just 1 group assigned to a user the RF keyfob key-presses work as expected, but on that group only. That's fine, and clearly working for the house is the most important for me, but it is a bit annoying that I can't configure the key presses in the panel. I'd have the normal key-presses to operate the house group and the "programmable" key-presses to operate the garage group. I had wondered whether my firmware was too old to support it (v6.93) - it sounds like it's a chore to upgrade (I've never attempted) - but from what you've said support has never been added. Thanks @GalaxyGuy for the advice.

Interesting about your project - will it fully integrate with Alexa, etc?

Just realised from my previous post that an Alexa integration wouldn't be too smart. I mean you could tell Alexa to set/part set the alarm I guess, but clearly it wouldn't be smart if you could tell Alexa to unset the alarm: you'd have burglars going around shouting through people's letterboxes! ;)

The latest 7.03 firmware has no support for this either.

For the voice command, you could have the command only unset when your mobile device is within a range of home etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back