Honeywell motorised valve not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
<5year old heating system, comprising of (relative to this discussion) Worcester 30CDI gas boiler, honeywell ST9400c programmer (HW & CH) & 2 port Honeywell motorised valves.

Heating is working fine BUT HW is being stopped automatically entering an unvented cylinder by the 2port Honeywell motorised valve.
If I test it by turning controls on/ off & listen for the valves to open/close, they sound like it works as should but when I put the system back on timer then the HW fails to get past the motorised valve again.
If I manually open the motorised valve, the hot water floods in.
Ive changed the motorised valve head BUT still the same problem - any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If you have changed the head then I suggest it may be a wiring prob. You need a multi meter or someone who has one to check it out. The motor in the head is not getting a signal to turn.

Appreciate the advice.
The Valve definitely has power running to it (I have checked), could the problem be:
1) part of the programmer failed? OR
2) maybe a part of the boiler board failed?
Thanks in advance
(Plumber who fitted the system says it is electrical, so not down to him, electrician has vanished)

Sponsored Links
Check that the overheat thermostat on the unvented cylinder has not operated. If it has, then it should prevent the 2 port valve from operating, to prevent any additional heat being supplied to a hot water cylinder the thermostat already considers "too hot".

The overheat thermostat is not self re-setting, but requires intervention, usually pressing a small button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back