Honeywell st9100c (replacing with Hive)

I bought a Hive Active Heating dual channel and I'm trying understand how to wire the system before go on.

This post is what best fits with what I have, but I was confused when I read:

Yes, it's only the Single Channel version of the Hive that has voltage free contacts 'Common' and 'Heating on' (Terminals 1 and 3)

Below there a picture of Honeywell ST9100C.

There is a loop from L to 1.

I'm lost on where connect this loop and what connect to #3 on Hive. (Does number 1 go to 3?)

Sponsored Links
You should have really started a new thread of your own. Hijacking someone else's is against the forum rules.....However as you are a newbie.

The Hive Dual channel is for systems that have stored hot water (ie hot water cylinder) and central heating control. In this case the Hive replaces the programmer, not the room thermostat. This is because the wires to control the hot water don't go to the room thermostat. The existing room thermostat should be removed and in your case the wires in 1 and 4 linked together to prevent it interfering with the operation of the Hive.

If you don't have stored hot water and simply want to control the central heating and replace an existing room thermostat (ie combi boiler) then the Single Channel version is what you want.

For more information, you will need to provide details of the heating system you wish to connect the Hive to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back