Honeywell ST9400C installing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Ive a really old timer that I want to replace. Looking at the timer now I can see that the power goes in on one wire and goes out to the boiler on the other wire. Straightforward.

I want to replace it with a Honeywell STC9400C but I can't figure out where the wires should leave to the boiler.
I can see E N L 1 2 3 4 on the plate

So going is is Earth Neutral and Live, simple, but what numbers should I use to power my boiler?
According to the plate
1-HW OFF
2-CH OFF
3-HW ON
4-CH ON

Thats 4 wires, I only have one cable going into the boiler!

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The timer you have purchased is to control a heating system, which is a bit of an overkill for what you need but. If you just want to switch a boiler with it. put the earth to the earth , neutral to neutral and live to the boiler to the HW On output. The whole lot should be fed from a 3a FCU

The timer you have purchased is to control a heating system, which is a bit of an overkill for what you need but. If you just want to switch a boiler with it. put the earth to the earth , neutral to neutral and live to the boiler to the HW On output. The whole lot should be fed from a 3a FCU

Thanks Martin. i'm only getting back around to this now. Flooring had my priority for a while :)

Does this "and live to the boiler to the HW On output" mean that I should just use a small piece of cable to loop them together?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back