hong kong plug adapter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The japan plug reminded me

A relative showed me a light they brought on ebay.
This was the adaptor they give out.

Note
If he had used it the light would have had a 32 amp mcb protecting it.
338.jpg

339.jpg

The pins just rivet straight through!

340.jpg

Sponsored Links
I recently saw a member of staff at uni figure 8 mains lead with a british style plug that did not appear to be fused. Worryingly the person using it seemed unconcerned about this even after I explained the likely size of the next breaker back.

And I regularlly see all manner of dodgy looking adaptors in use by foriegn students.

Another thing I find concerning is that the most common adaptor sold for visitors to the UK will not correctly earth schuko or french plugs yet I have never seen any warning of this on the packaging.

At my college there is a print drier for drying photographic paper which is constantly damp and only a Class 1 device, these are rare and expensive and apparently only available from Germany, thus they end up with a CEE 7/7 plug.

The drier is plugged in with a Schuko to BS1363 adapter, despite being fused, it is not earthed; yet the adapter and cable have a PATest sticker on them :eek: . I'm in half a mind to stick a good BS1363 plug on it when no-one is looking.

Sponsored Links
'But it hasn't killed anyone yet!'

Sounds like a plan, I should like to meet the monkey who passed it though...

Maybe you will with Plan B (which as I'm sure you worked out, should be implemented anonymously... ;) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back