Hooray, energy prices rising!

The MOT in Japan is so strict, that cars are exported after 3 years, or scrapped, so imagine what that does to their economy? Losing so many new cars?

How on earth have we been importing 10 year old plus cars directly from Japan then?

the jap MOT is very harsh but plenty of owners choose to pay and keep the car as a new one is pretty pricey over there i believe. once it gets to a certain age the cost of keeping it on the road will be far more than buying a new one. this is when the likes of the UK, austrailia and new zealand buy them as a cheap alternative.

i haven't properly checked this fact myself yet but i have been told that even the condition of the paint is in the jap version of the MOT. minus points for body damage and poor paintwork plus ageing light covers, windows, bushes, rust, oil leaks....seems it's just not worth it unless the car is rare or you are loaded.

for a country that has little in the way of it's own natural resources the japs are certainly wasteful, almost as much as the yanks maybe. perhaps a reason why the japs are so far in debt.

Sponsored Links
Back