Hoover 1300 AE230 Does not drain.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of days ago our washing machine, a Hoover Quattro 1300 AE230 started making a loud noise when draining and today it failed to drain completely. I drained it through the filter and cleaned the filter but could not see any obvious blockage. There is a small propellor in the pump hatch that seems clean and rotates. Cleaning the filter did not solve the problem.

Could anyone shed any light on what the problem could be and what my next step should be?

Sponsored Links
the impeller could be broken or you have a bra wire /cotton bud in the pump /filter take the pump out and inspect it

how should I take the pump out? should I put the machine on it's back and access it from below?

tilt mc and should be 2 screws bolted to the cabinet which hold the pump in place undo hoses connected to pump you will see object floating inside :)

Sponsored Links
ok, I managed to fix it. I put the machine on its back, the pump at the front was clear, but in one of the pipes around the pump at the rear there was 22p and some old bra wire which was stopping the impellor from turning.

thanks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back