hoover logic 1300 washer/dryer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hoover logic 1300 washer/dryer.
The problem with it is that when it's on spin cycle it makes
a loud banging noise.
I've took the back off and it sounds like it's coming from the drum,
I think it could be the bearings in the drum.

If it is the bearings,are they easy to replace ?

If not the bearings,any ideas what the banging could be????

Many thanks,Madsey.

Sponsored Links
The Logic machines are very old now so it is possibly time to think about a new machine. To check for bearing failure you should rotate the drum by hand and feel for rough, notchy movement. Also check for up & down play of the inner drum relative to the outer drum. To get at the bearings you have to remove the drum pulley and the alloy drum backplate. You remove the inner drum from the backplate then you can remove the bearings and bearing seal. If I recall correctly the rear bearing has a circlip holding it in place and the seal is in 2 parts, one on the spindle and one on the backplate. When you put it back together you will need to clean any corrosion off the sealing surface of the backplate and use plenty of silicone sealant at the joint or you are liable to get leaks.

thanks fidom,
i think your right about looking for a new machine.
i bought this hoover in 1990 for£385 and nothing as ever gone wrong with it except i replaced the brushes about 10 yrs ago and that only cost me a few quid.
That works out that its cost me £1.80 a month,not bad eh ?

Once again thanks for your reply.

Do you know a good washer/dryer ????

Cheers,madsey.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back