hoover six 1100 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

our washing machine had been working fine ever since we bought it about 4 years ago. but recently we emptied our hot water system pipes to disconnect our emersion heater, as we rarely use hot water.
the day after, our washing machine wouldn't work. speedwash is the only programme that runs without problems. every other fills the machine with water and starts washing, but then doesn't continue through the cycle.

now we're wondering if that is because the hot water input is missing, but it sounds like all programmes fill up properly, and as I said, speedwash works. so could it be the circuit board or something else? I just don't wanna be ripped off if it is definitely down to the hot water supply.

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If you can reconnect the hot water supply without actually heating the water, then that should prove it one way or the other, although it will take a long time to get the water up to temperature as the internal heater is probably not as big as in a cold fill machine.I would have thought a hot & cold fill washer would have required an input from the hot side in order to work properly but I am not 100% sure.

thanks for your answer. we'll get a boiler at some point and hopefully, with the hot water system revived, that'll sort the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back