Hoover VHD8162 Washer Motor not operating - wiring mod?

DEY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help Please.
Our VHD8162 stopped part way through a wash cycle. It will pump out ok and will fill with water ok, but absolutely no sign of drive motor attempting to run (cold cycle so heater or thermostat should not be the problem).
Quick check underneath and brushes look good, but there are many "additional loose wires" in the loom near the motor without connectors with ends cut off??!!? Earth wire to heater also appears to be neatly cut off!

I am suspicious about previous warranty repair with same symptoms, when the official Hoover technician replaced a control module or something to fix the problem. This was over 1 year ago and machine did run fault free after this fix, but this was the only time it was touched since new.

Are there any suggestions or information about the previous rework if this was a common fault on this model? If not I'll have to check things through with my multimeter.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back