Hoover VisionHD belt burning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought a Hoover VisionHD1400AA washing machine from a 2nds shop just 2 months ago.
It was brand new but had a crack in the top and so we got it quite cheap.

Yesterday it stopped spinning so I took the back off and the belt had fallen off. So the first question is 'is this common/normal'?

While putting the belt back on I noticed that it has been rubbing against the casing for the drum. This is made of plastic and has started to burn away. There are small deposits of burnt plastic on the floor. You can just about see from the pics below.

The burning is caused by the belt on the drum housing not the wheel.

So the second question is 'is this normal!'? Should I take it back to the shop?

After putting the belt back on I ran it through a cycle and it worked fine but I am worried about the burning.

Cheers,

Chris

Sponsored Links
Don't really know the answer to this one chris, are the black bits definetly burnt plastic?even though you have wear on the drum? or are the bits not belt? (edge of)? hoover the bits up, and spin your belt, anythng?

If it's a very large crack on top i.e., not holding the unit square, then maybe it would put a bit of strain on the guts, causing slight misalignment between the inner contents, motor, belt and drum?

A stab in the dark i know, it's obviously not normal what's happening, maybe the machine was damaged because it's had quite a bang( causing distortion) and that's where the crack originated?

My opinion, leave it, carry on as normal,it maybe happy to settle down, running ever so slighly of plonk. Check you have a nomal guarantee, then you could still return it in the future, should thngs escalate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back