hoover washing machine sticks in cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hoover ultracare 1500 hc150muk sticks after the initial wash and drain it refuses to go in rinse if i move it on itstill doesnot let water in and continues in a spin cycle.If i start it on a rinse and spin cycle it goes thru rinse but sticks on spin.I have checked water valves ,brushes, pump pressure chamber .I have changed the timer selctor but absolutely no change.I will check the heater but a little confused why this would make the machine stick anyone else got any suggestions ? :cry:

Sponsored Links
I have a similar problem on an Indesit WIDL146... it was horrible because I started my machine before I went to sleep and it ran the whole night! The only way I bypassed this problem was by restarting again until it doesn't do that. Obviously not a permanent solution... I've found a broken relay on my PCB, don't know if it was because of that, but you might want to check!

A machine can get stuck on a wash cycle if the heater doesn't work, but this doesn't seem to be your only problem. However; check the heater circuit & NTC (especially for a low IR test on the heater element, because that can cause some strange symptoms). If you checked everything else out & find the heater/NTC are in order then I would suspect the pcb.

Sponsored Links
got home yesterday and the wife said she tried a different cycle which includes wash,rinse and spin and machine went thru cycle without a hitch she did have the temp up to 60 degrees dunno if that made a difference as she normally washes at 40 degrees .I am going to do same cycle at 40 to see if any difference

well the heater is working tried a wash at 80c and could feel the heat thru the door .Is it easy to simply replace the pcb or will that be too expensive ,is there a way of checking if it is one of the relays ? cheers slurp

If it isn't broke now why not wait until the next time it breaks...then fix it.
The information supplied earlier will still be valid if it stops heating again...& sooner or later it will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back