Horstmann Economy 7 timer with boost switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a Horstmann economy 7, the write up in Screwfix for this model varies with one electrician and plumber stating that build and life expectancy is poor.

Question: What is the best quality economy 7 switch to use and who offers the best price.

Sponsored Links
No experience of the digital ones. The motor-driven clock ones usually chunter along for about 20 years. Of course, the new ones might not be built as well as they used to be 20 years ago. That's true of so many things.

They do have a backup battery in, and I suspect that they may not like being in a hot cupboard as the battery may die or the lubricant on the clockwork dry up.

Sponsored Links
Horstmann are a very reputable brand.

I had a Horstmann E7 timer in my last flat, it was original so lasted from 1994 - 2010 when I had Economy 8 installed so replaced it.

I think it would be a safe bet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back