Horstmann immersion heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
I have some questions about the Horstmann economy 7 immersion water heater as I have just moved in to a property with this and am trying to understand exactly how it works.
It is set to heat the water during the early hours at the cheapest rate. However, re the 1 hour boost button - does this mean this gives me an extra hour of hot water if I need it during the day? Or do I have to turn it on and wait an hour and then have a small amount of hot water?

There are two of us living in the apartment and the water only just about lasts for two showers in the morning.. so Im trying to plan, if a third person wanted a shower - would I put the boost on first thing.. or would I wait until two had had theirs and then put it on.. and if so, how long would I then have to waitt.. Its all a bit confusing and its frustrating that you cant tell how much hot water you have left.

Sponsored Links
The water will be hot in the morning.

The boost is for when you have used the overnight heated water.

It only stays on for an hour (in case you forget to turn it off) but then you can press it again.
This is of course charged at the more expensive day rate.

How long it takes to heat the water depends on the starting temperature
and how many showers it will supply is of course up to you.

Thanks for replying.
I know it will be hot by morning..but the hot warer doesnt last long enough for more than 2 showers. So if a third person wants a shower, do I wait until the first 2 have had theirs and the water has run out?

If I press the boost, how long is it before the water is hot? It doesnt seem to be 'on' for an hour

Sponsored Links
It gets hot enough..its just that the hot water doesnt last for more than 2 showers..maybe 3 very quick ones

do I wait until the first 2 have had theirs and the water has run out?
Yes. I don't think it will do much when you are running the water.

If I press the boost, how long is it before the water is hot? It doesnt seem to be 'on' for an hour
I presume it should be reasonably hot after the hour
unless the thermostat cuts off too soon.

OP how is the flat heated? Is there a boiler or is it electric storage or panel heating?

The reason I ask is that your answer may help with absolution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back