Hot Water but no heating Alpha 240P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Alpha 240P combi boiler works fine for hot water, but I can't get my radiators working.

When I turn the boiler on to "Water & Heating", the thermostat does trigger the boiler into action, but after a few seconds, it stops.
Also, pressure has built, and the gauge shows it to be well beyond the "green zone". I've tried bleeding the radiators, but after a semi-second of hissing, nothing happens (i.e. no air or water leaves the radiator).

I'm new in to the flat, and have never worked the heating system before - anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Check isolating valves under the boiler are not turned off and that the rad valves are open

Thanks for the quick reply.

The radiator valves are open, but I think I need some help on the isolating valves.
Under the radiator, I can see one isolating valve with a plastic lever- this is in line with the pipe, so I presume that it is open.

I wouldn't know how to check any others however, as there are no levers on them?!

I'm new to all this, so please excuse my ignorance!

Sponsored Links
Think on these the one with lever was the gas.. On the two outer pipes(22mm) each side there may be a line in the valve nut this should be in line with the pipe(not across it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back