Hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old boiler with a hot water tank. I have had hot water all year, but have just turned the heating on and there is none!! The thermostat is up, and I can see the pump, but not sure if this is the problem. Only have 3 radiators, and have bled two of them. Any ideas on what could be the cause??

Sponsored Links
Could be:

1. On my system there's switch on my timer/programmer that allows me to select CH, Hot Water or both. Has this been switched to CH only ?

2. ALso on my system is a three way valve, close to the pump, which (I think) diverts the hot CH water to the hot water cylinder to heat up the water in there. This could be stuck/faulty

Does the CH work at all ?

Regards

Rick

there should be a changeover valve near the pump, there is usually a lever on the valve to manually divert the water,pull the lever over and fix it there in some way. you will then need to have your hot water on to feed the heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back