hot water 'clunking sounds'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a bit of difficult one to explain!

Whenever I turn a tap on then off in the house I can hear what sounds like a 'clunking sound'. You can also hear the water moving around from the boiler/megaflo to the taps and it seems to be getting louder.

When I put the washing machine on this morning it clunked on and off all the time as the water was fed in.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
wow- fast reply!

Are you talking about the main stoptap- I think that has been turned turn a bit already but I can turn it a bit more.

I seem to notice it alot more when you turn the hot water tap off.

Sponsored Links
no ball valve in the loft.

I just read another post and there problem was caused by the pipes physically moving around after they replaced there old low pressure system.

Mine was replaced 2 years ago and wonder if the problem could be similar.

Where is FAQ 14?

Cheers

For anyone interested this problem is now fixed. I had a plumber come over and he fitted a small expansion vessel on to the megaflo and adjusted the pipework so the hot and cold pipes are now balanced!

The result- no clunking, water sound or hissing!

Yes and all that should have been done by to person who installed the megaflow!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back