Hot Water Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

looking to know if anyone out there has moved their hot water cylinder from below their cold water tank to a different location but keeping the cold water tank in same location?

if not can this be done? what are the costs roughly moving hot-press about 5-6 mtrs to give me a bigger bathroom???

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, but a number of factors to take into account. Better to have someone local look at it and give you a quote, if it can be moved.

Before I went unvented my cw tank was 6m from the hwc as that where an internal masonry wall ended to support the weight so just had to make sure the expansion pipe could continually rise to it but wise to check as suggested.

Last edited:
ok thanks, was just looking to know if it could be done.

Its a bungalow with the upstairs converted so cant move the water tank in the loft!!

Sponsored Links
if you have decent incoming water pressure and flow rate you would be better changing to unvented and you can remove the cold water Cistern completely

I got this tested by Water NI and they said it was at the standard rate for domestic properties!!

I got this tested by Water NI and they said it was at the standard rate for domestic properties!!
Did they give you any numbers? Statutory supply (1 bar 9 ltrs/minute in England, not sure if NI is different) is not good enough to make it worth the effort and cost of switching to unvented. Quick test (if you have an outside tap)- bucket, stopwatch, run tap full for 30 seconds, see how much water you get

Did they give you any numbers? Statutory supply (1 bar 9 ltrs/minute in England, not sure if NI is different) is not good enough to make it worth the effort and cost of switching to unvented. Quick test (if you have an outside tap)- bucket, stopwatch, run tap full for 30 seconds, see how much water you get

They did leave a note but I cant recall where I put it, it did say that is was above the standard rate but cant remember the bar/ltrs!!

Quoting from Ofwat

What are the official standards for water pressure?

The guaranteed standards scheme (GSS) sets out that water companies shall maintain a minimum pressure of water in the communication pipe serving the premises supplied with water of seven metres static head.

Seven metres head = 0.7 bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back