Hot water feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently having an extension built and need some advice in relation to supplying hot water feed to my new bathroom. The builder I am using has suggesting teeing off from hot water feed in loft. This feed is currently feeding a digital shower.

He has suggested that I consider pumping the supply (due to length of run) using a single impeller pump. The pump would be sited in the loft near the tee and next to the pump for my shower.

Would this set up work or am I leaving myself open to complications by feeding supply this way?

Sponsored Links
Need more details of what you have. Supplies, heights, pump in your current shower? WHat's in the extension..............

The extension is to feed a new en suite and a study
The en suite is to have a wash hand basin, bath and toilet ( no shower) There is a long run from the hot water cylinder and my builder suggested pumping the hot water for this reason probably about 15metres through the loft before the feed will drop into the new room
The shower that he intended to feed off of is an Aqualisa digital shower with its own purpose built pump

Talk to a plumber-on site , with respect to your builder who may be 1st. class @ building ......he aint no plumber

Sponsored Links
That is exactly why I asked the question on this forum I was hoping that somebody could advise me of the problems that I could experience by running such a system. For instance will it dramatically effect the performance of my existing shower. As I do not need a balanced system for en suite what other problems will I have by pumping hot water in this way?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back