Can I get away with this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am about to install a new digital shower (Mira magna UV pumped)
http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/onlinecatalog/pdf/magna_uv_bir_fittings_iug.pdf
with digital mixer pump (DM Pumped) http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/onlinecatalog/pdf/p4581_1.pdf
where my old thermostatic mixer one was, using the same hot and cold feed to the new water delivery system, just introducing a digital mixer pump between them.
The mixer pump is in the loft, just above the shower.

My question is, would I be able to tee off the hot and cold feed to supply a bath in the next room.
The pipes from the tee would have to go to the wall of the loft, about 5 mtrs, then through the ceiling and down the wall of the room with the bath 2.7mtrs and then about 2 mtrs to connect to the bath.

I am assuming that I wouldn't be able to use the shower while running a bath and vice versa, but would this otherwise be ok?
It will save me a lot of work if it will.

Sponsored Links
And would be a complete nightmare in reality
Bite the bullet and do it properly, if it took 3 days to do it properly it would still be better than 25years of aggrivation by bodging it!! ;)

Thanks for your reply Boilerman2. It's not so much the physical stuff as the grey cell stuff. I know where those hot and cold feeds are, and running two lengths of plastic pipe with the odd fitting and a bit of boxing in would have been a nice diversion, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start from scratch.

But if it is going to cause a lot more hassle than simply not being able to run a bath and a shower together, then I think I will indeed have to bite the bullet.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Hi Boilerman2, Can I just clarify with you, would the nightmare be just the not being able to run the bath and shower at the same time, or are there other issues also?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back